What are some examples of the concepts that would be explored?
Nothing you can “know” about leadership will make little, if any, difference.
What you cannot imagine, you cannot do.
Most people prefer a problem they can’t solve to a solution they don’t like.
It ain’t the recipe, it’s the cook.
When everyone thinks the same, no one has to think.
How you understand the world, is never the way the world is.
You cannot confer a benefit on an unwilling person.
There is no quick fix – no fairy dust, no panacea.
Performance is a function of necessity.
What should I expect?
6 months of highly interactive and intensive learning.
The program begins and ends with a two-day gathering in the Asheville, North Carolina area where you will learn to unpack the unconventional thinking necessary to make a more competent organization.
There will be monthly web meetings, thinking exercises and various additional learning opportunities throughout the program.
What resources are used?
Study resources include excerpts from movies, cartoons, podcasts about relevant perspectives and ideas, provocative guests and draws from one or more of Dr. Thayer’s books. Resources are always provisional, determined by your needs and the questions you raise as the program progresses.
Would you be interested in a mantra for this program?
It ain’t the leader who makes the organization successful;
it’s the organization that makes the leader successful.
What would my role be?
Participant’s role: To make this the most useful and rewarding journey our participants have been, or will ever be involved in, by-
- Diligently mining what could be learned from a deeper study of the concepts presented
- Provocatively and conscientiously addressing the exercises
- Challenging my colleagues with the questions that need to be asked, for their benefit and for mine
- Leading us to the most beneficial discussions
- Fulfilling my own need to know, as well as that of my colleagues
- Questioning what I know, in order to know better
- Increasing my competence as a participant, and helping others to increase theirs
- Demonstrating my prowess at putting the concepts to use in my performance
What are the details for the program?
- Each class is limited to 15 participants.
- Two on-site, two-day gatherings in the Asheville, North Carolina. One at the beginning of the program and one at the end of the program.
- A two-hour webinar every month.
- Weekly thinking exercises and readings.
- Mentors who will be competing with you to learn more than you learn will facilitate, with additional participation and provocations by Lee Thayer himself.